We made it. After packing up the Roanoke house, cleaning, repainting, more packing and more repainting, we finally got on the road with the kids, dog, stuff and headed to NM. David and his brother packed up most of our things the Friday prior to our departure, and we were hoping to leave Roanoke around 10:00am or so on Saturday. 10 turned into 1:30...1:30 turned into 3...and 3 turned into 5:30pm. I think we all can agree that Saturday, August 8th was the longest day of our lives. We decided to drive halfway to Amarillo and then get up Sunday morning and drive into Albuquerque. The drive seemed to take FOREVER, but we made it to ABQ with stuff in tow, Martie comfortably sitting in the U-haul with David and me, Carole and the girls in my car.
We are glad to be here. We are in a cute little house and are very comfortable. The weather has been in the mid-90's during the day and the temp just seems to drop slowly to the most wonderful temp at night. You really cannot beat the weather here. We have been able to see our parents, eat great food, go on a date or two and begin to relax in our new, but familiar surroundings.
We'll take some pictures and post them very soon.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Glad you made it safe and sound! I didn't know you were moving...what took you all back to NM?
Glad to hear that you guys are settling. I think that there is nothing worse than moving day!
So glad you made it!! We miss you more since you are farther away!!
Sounds like you guys are settling in well. I'm sure it's great to be so close to family now!
Glad you had a safe(but long) trip home!!! It really is nice to be close to family.
We miss you guys so much! When are you coming back to visit?
We been thinking about you guys, glad to know you made it there safely. Can't wait to see pics of your cute new house. Miss you!
Silly, I know, but I miss you guys; visiting Dallas area won't be the same! We need to talk soon.
Greetings! I didn't know you were moving but I am glad to hear that you will be closer to the family. That always makes a huge difference! Moving day is always stressful... can't wait to see pics of the new place. Give those precious princesses a hug from us!!!
The Wragge family
Post a Comment