One of Ainsley's first smiles. She was around 8 weeks. Now she smiles all the time.
The girls and I go to Grandpa Dobbs's house every Tuesday after school for lunch and to play. He bought the girls a gardening bag and some seeds, so they planted some veggies and flowers to kick off the summer. They also get jelly beans after lunch, so I think in this picture below Coley was showing me her "beans."
Grandma Dobbs came up for a visit, so we took her with us to the Botanical Gardens to see the butterfly exhibit.
My mom cousins all try to get together every so often in Oklahoma, so the girls and I decided to load up the car and drive out with her over Memorial Day. The small town in OK is very close to DFW, so we stayed at my aunt's house and were able to visit our church in Trophy Club, eat lunch at my fave restaurant in Southlake and hang out with our friends at our favorite park in our old town, Roanoke. I also took Coley and Ainsley to Canton to see Dorrie and LeeAnne and her kiddos. There are so many great memories from this trip, but there are also so many awful memories too. I'll start with the great times...
My cousin Melissa and her son Corbin at the reunion.
Mom and Ainsley trying to stay cool in the extremely hot Oklahoma weather.
Grandma Shreve meeting Ainsley for the first time.
Grandma Shreve, Ainsley, Mom and my aunt Claudia
Mylie and Coley smothering Corbin
Me, Felicia and Heather about to sweat, sweat, sweat as the girls played at the spray park.
Heather and Maci
Mylie was so funny. She literally ran back and forth, back and forth before she decided that she was going to get in the water.
Mylie, Coley and Camille. I think Mylie pushed Coley off the turtle as soon as this picture was taken.
Back at aunt Edda's house. When everyone was there, it was loud! Lots of kids running around.
We had such a great time visiting with Dorrie and LeeAnne. I love these girls. We had a great time in college and I will always treasure the friendship they give me. This happy picture is the beginning of the end. On the drive back to DFW, Coley got sick in the car...yuck. I pulled over in the 100 degree heat, cleaned her off, and off we went. The next day, the stomach bug got everyone else except Ainsley (thank you Lord!). Luckily, we were all in ABQ (literally for 5 minutes) before everyone else went down and stayed down for about a week. Also, in theory, the drive from ABQ to DFW should take around 9 hrs. When you add a 3 yr old, 2 yr old and 9 week old nursing baby...9 hrs turns into 14 hrs. Never. Again.
Ainsley at 10 weeks
12 weeks...
Michelle, Ross and the girls came through ABQ so Michelle and I could see "Eclipse" opening night...uh...I mean to visit us and let the girls play. As usual, they played so well together and we had 2 good days to visit and catch up.
Mylie and Ellice having a special princess snack.
Coley and Emmery
Mylie and Ellice played out back the entire time.
Oh yeah, we also bought a house! I'll post this pictures once I take pictures of it! Which means I need to have everything picked up! Ha! Back to the picture below...one of my favorite things about ABQ is that it can be sunny and beautiful and the all of a sudden, a cloud will open up and huge rain drops will fall. This happened as David was taking the girls on a run through our new neighborhood.
We took a quick trip to Carlsbad for the 4th to see Melissa and her family. It was a super quick trip (less than 24 hrs), but we managed to squeeze in lots of fun and see lots of family as well. The girls love visiting Grandma Dobbs and staying at her house is a treat for them.
We were able to see my cousin Bobbie and her 4 girls...that's a lot of girls in one picture!
The 4th festivities started at Allen and Christie's house with lots of delicious food, swimming for the girls and visiting for the adults. Then off to the golf course by the river for fireworks!
Me and my oldest, most wonderful friends, Melissa and Michelle. We've been taking pictures together, in this order, for over 30 years. Yikes...we're getting old.
Ainsley and I took a much needed, very special trip to Oklahoma City to visit Tammy and her family. I've known and loved Tammy's family since 5th grade. I spent many a night at her house and have so many wonderful memories with the Beeson's. Tammy's dad was diagnosed with cancer and a short time later passed away. I can't imagine her grief. We had a special time talking, catching up, managed to be silly (as we always are together...even at the age of 31) and ate good food...she's the best cook! We truly, truly support one another through all things. I love this lady and her precious family.
Cassady and Dawson keeping Ainsley company.
Ainsley at 3 1/2 months
This is how I'm greeted every morning when I get Ainsley out of bed. She's always smiling.
Heidi came to visit in July! She came all the way from Nashville, by herself to meet Ainsley and hang out with us. We had such a great time! I don't know why, but every time I see her, I have to compose myself and not breakdown crying! This friendship is such a blessing in my life! And I treasure the short time we get to spend together.
My mom kept the girls one night so David, Heidi and I could go out to dinner. We went out to Tamaya, sat on the patio and really enjoyed our time together.
Ainsley loved Heidi!
Carole took me and the girls and my mom to a fantastic high tea at St James Tearoom. The girls were on their best behavior and truly enjoyed this special time. For me, this was one of the highlights of the summer.
4 months...
Ainsley at 4 1/2 months...can you believe how blue her eyes are? They are still this color! We're keeping our fingers crossed that they'll stay blue.
Sprinkler and popsicle afternoon! They were a sticky mess after it was all said and done. And they didn't play in the sprinkler all that much.
5 months...she's screaming in this picture.
Mylie started preschool! She loves her school and was SO excited to go back!
Coley may start preschool in January, but if not then, definitely next year. She was so sad when we dropped Mylie off. She kept saying "I go to preschool!"
Ainsley started cereal! She's around 5 1/2 months in these pictures. She loved it! She would love anything, though. This baby is the happiest baby. It's hard not to compare her to her sisters, but Mylie and Coley were super easy, happy babies at this stage and Ainsley is following right along with them. She smiles all the time, laughs all the time, talks (or screams) all the time. She started out sleeping through the night around 6 weeks, but now wakes up at 5am to eat (just like her sisters did). She takes 2 good naps, morning and night, and will sleep about 20 minutes right at dinner time. She rolls from her belly to her back, grabs her feet and anything in front of her. She's working on sitting up by herself, but isn't there quite yet. She's also trying to wave...developmental milestones! I'm trying my hardest to make her milestones just as special as M and C's. She is a precious, precious baby. Oh, and she likes me best, which is always fun!
And finally, a cute pic of Mylie and Coley with their friend Ina. We have had special times with these new friends! And Coley loves Ina. She always, always says, "I see Ina? I be so nice!"
SO, this is our summer wrap up. However, we also took 7 camping trips (yes, 7!) in our new pop up camper. I haven't even started tackling those pictures! That's my next post!
5 comments:
Yay for the new post!!!!! I loved seeing you guys this summer!! Miss you so much!!
Can't wait until next time!!!!
I love it love it love it!!! Thank you for your sweet words. I can't believe how big Coley is looking. She has a sweet little girl face. I just want to squeeze all of your girls!!! I miss ya and Love ya.
You guys look like you are loving life! Love to see the updates of you and all of your family.
I loved catching up! Your girls are absolutely beautiful and you are blessed beyond measure with wonderful friends and family! I will always treasure the time we get to spend together! We look forward to seeing you again soon! And...I love that Camille and Mylie both have the yellow flower outfit.
I think it's time for a "Winter Wrap Up!!"
:) Love ya!
Post a Comment