Wednesday, August 1, 2007

8 Months Old

Mylie was 8 months old on Saturday. I say this all the time, but I can't believe how fast the time has gone.


She has grown a lot over the past month. She is on the verge of crawling. Yesterday, she got on all fours and was rocking back and forth. She has already mastered scooting backwards on her belly. It is really funny because if you lay a toy in front of her, she'll scoot backwards trying to get it. We tell her "come forward" but of course she can't understand us. She definitely keeps us laughing. She shakes her head from side to side now and laughs at us when we do it back to her. Whenever we clap or wave at her, she will shake her hands, so we know she is trying to connect the dots. She still loves meal time and eats all her fruit, but it takes her a little longer to eat her veggies. She is officially sleeping unswaddled now. She was getting out of her swaddle and backing herself into the corner of her crib, so we took the blankets away...cold turkey! Last night was her best night of sleeping in what seems like months and I am very encouraged that this is going to be a trend. We, of course, are so proud of her for all her baby accomplishments, but we cannot get over just how much we love her. She is so wonderful, happy, perfect...and she's all ours!!!

4 comments:

The Houston's said...

I love her little rosy cheeks!

Email: said...

have i told you how much i love that little lady? she is precious.
i cant wait to see her again.

Sally said...

She sure is cutie pie!!!

Julie said...

She looks so cute! And I am glad you got passed the swaddling issue. Maybe she will be free to flip and turn and sleep great for you.