We went to the zoo! It was Coley's first trip and she was great! She rode in the baby papoose and slept pretty much the entire time. Mylie had lots of fun. The Ft Worth Zoo has a barn area for kids to play (and air conditioning for the parents) so we hung out in there for a while. Mylie is nonstop and she's getting the hang of running.

Felicia and Camille met us at the zoo and here are the girls playing in the blue screen.


Grandma Dobbs and Uncle Pat also came over this week to see Mylie and meet Coley. I kicked myself when I realized that I didn't get any pictures of them with the girls! But Mylie loved having them here and she was super cute. Both noticed that Mylie really never stops moving...she's on the go pretty much all the time. And Coley was quiet and sweet and slept while Grandma held her. It was a good visit. We'll be stopping in Carlsbad for the night in 2 weeks, so the girls will get to see their Great Grandma Dobbs again very soon.
And here's Coley. She was 7 weeks on Friday. I'm finding that the longer I live in Texas, the bigger I like the bows. Even David agreed that Coley looks pretty cute with her headband and bows.



And Coley had her appointment with the Pulmologist (lung doc) Friday morning. She weighed 10 lbs, 6 oz. We were amazed at how much she has grown in 7 weeks. Her appointment went well. Her lungs still sound great and he's not worried about her at all...especially since she hasn't had any other apnea spells (even though the silly monitor has false alarmed twice this week scaring the living daylights out of us). He finally did attribute her 3 apnea spells on 4/26 to reflux. He said sometimes babies will reflux and it will shoot up, and then shoot back down into their lungs, causing them to choke and sometimes stop breathing. She's still on Zantac and he added another medication because she spits up frequently and does get choked during feeds. However, she is doing great and her reflux will only get better with age...and we don't feel it is much of an issue right now, we just don't want her to see her turn blue EVER again. They're keeping her on the apnea monitor through August and we'll go back again on 8/8 for another check up.
4 comments:
So glad Coley is doing so well. Love the bow pictures. I have a huge one you can borrow anytime. Grace now insists on pulling them off.
I am so happy that the doctor's appt went well. Those cute bows are hard to resist! SHe looks adorable in them!
What an adorable 7 week old! And Mylie is looking cuter than ever as she is running in those cute flip flops!
The girls are so precious. i can't wait to see them. I have to show ross the texas sized bow in Coley's hair...he thinks some that i have are big! Love you Michelle
Post a Comment