Sunday, November 16, 2008

October in a Nutshell

This is going to be a quick, but long one...if that makes sense.

Houston at the beginning/middle of the month...







We drove down to Houston with Libby and Grace for Fran's baby shower. We had lots of fun packing 5 kids and 4 adults into Tyler and Alissa's house...chaos!!!...but totally worth it. The weekend was full of kids foods, play time (or Mylie and Ryan wanting the exact same toy at the exact time), naps, catching up and more play time. The last 2 pictures are at a park in downtown Houston. Mylie loved it. And as you can see, we weren't prepared for playing in the fountains, so I just stripped her down and let her run wild.


Coley hates cereal...middle of month...







Coley started cereal around her 6 month birthday. She kind of hates it along with any type of veggie. She actually gags...tongue out and everything...so we're not pushing it right now. Maybe we'll break all the rules and introduce fruits early!


David's Cross Country Travels for Work = Whitney & Girls Head to Albuquerque















We brought some kind of horrible Texas-cold-flu with us to ABQ and managed to get everyone else sick...I mean everyone except my brother and David's dad, Ralph. I faked it enough to make it to Alicia's BEAUTIFUL wedding! But it was all downhill from there for the next 4-5 days. I have to confess that one of the reasons I look so forward to going to ABQ is because I have lots of extra hands to help me with the girls, but when we get everyone sick, no one feels up to taking care of their sick-selves and their sick grandkids. We did manage to have a good visit, though, and a good girls weekend with Mom, Neta, Melissa, Michelle, Ellice and Emmery. Oh, and Coley started sitting up by herself while we were there too. She's doing great!

And Halloween 2008





We had a spooky Halloween with the cutest ladybug and little chicken around. David's mom, brother Michael and Michael's girlfriend Shaylee helped us be scary by going Trick or Treating around the neighborhood.

And that was our October! Up next, our wonderful weekend in Wimberley!

1 comment:

The Houston's said...

Looks like fun! The girls are growing up!