Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas 2008

Is it too late to post pictures from Christmas? I hope not because we have a lot from our holiday season.


Mylie and I made gifts for our families this year. Here she is painting an ornament. I thought she'd love getting messy, but every time she would get paint on her fingers, she would say, "No...no...making a mess!"


She loved decorating the Christmas tree this year...


And Coley enjoyed watching. Speaking of Coley, she interrupted our holiday season with a little trip back to Cooks Children's Hospital. The little stinker came down with severe RSV and was admitted to the hospital for a weekend. Our pediatrician felt she would do much better if she had oxygen and IV fluids. David and I were saying "Bah Humbug" the whole time we were there. And unfortunately, it is our 2nd stay at that hospital, but we couldn't be more impressed with the doctors and nurses. They are wonderful.


Mylie did wonderful at our Wee School pageant as a little sheep. Here they are in the corral and our happy girl enjoying a cookie at the reception.




A little before Christmas, Santa visited our church for some breakfast. Mylie still looks at Santa with a questionable expression and Coley...she would prefer not to meet him at all.




Mylie made reindeer food in her class at school. She and David sprinkled it in the grass so the reindeer would be able to see it when they are flying over the houses.

We invited Santa to our house early since we would be in ABQ Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

Every little kid needs some jammies with their name on their bottoms. It just makes me think of Christmas! I just love these jammies.


Merry Christmas, Coley! She just smiled while Mylie opened her gifts.


Mylie has 3 favorites...Barney, Elmo and now Abby Cadabby.

We spent Christmas week in ABQ with our families. We spent Christmas Eve with my mom and her husband Dan (or Grami & GranDan).

Uncle RyRy and the girls


Our Christmas Eve picture. The goal was to get a picture like this with the other 2 families, but no such luck.


We made and decorated sugar cookies. Mylie liked eating the icing off the best.




Coley didn't even get a lick of icing...next year, baby Coley. However, I am happy to report that she is eating baby fruits and veggies like a champ. We still aren't having much luck with the cereal though (still gagging...tongue out and everything).

Christmas morning, we headed over to David's parents house (Nonna & Papa). Carole made a fantastic breakfast...cinnamon rolls, Eggstrada with red chile, coffee, juice...so yummy.


Papa and Coley


The Hicks Men


Nonna & Mylie


Auntie Catherine & Baby Coley


Christmas day we headed over to my dad's house (Grandpa) and spent the afternoon there. We then headed over to Cindy's house (my dad's new wife...Congrats!!!) and had a wonderful dinner with Cindy's family. I think my dad must have been hiding from the camera because I have no pictures with him and the girls.

Mylie did get a super fun red wagon. She really likes pulling things so we were sure she would have a blast pulling around the Avonite countertop samples (these are Mylie's most favorite things to play with at my dad's house...over any toy there...strange).


As you can see, the girls had their "seasonal outfits". I didn't realize how many days they wore their outfits. It seems like most of our pictures are of them in their red jammies and these shirts!


Uncle RyRy showing Mylie something impressive, I'm sure.

Aside from hanging out, eating lots, going to Dion's, watching David & my dad play Halo on XBox (snore!), napping, shopping, David's parents took us to a fun children's museum, Explora. Mylie LOVED it. I think she may be one of the smart ones...all into science. I was teasing David's parents because I said I could see through the "fun" and recognize that the focus was still on learning. I'm no dummy. Ha. It really was fun to see Mylie's brain at work.









We hope your holidays were very happy. Be checking your mailboxes soon for our super late holiday cards. Don't be surprised if they are Valentine's Day cards...I'm serious.

Merry Christmas, Happy 2009 and Happy Valentine's Day!!! Love, The Hicks.

3 comments:

The Houston's said...

Yay for the update! It looks like ya'll had a great time!! The girls are just as precious as ever!!! Miss you!

Justin and Rachel Smith said...

Hey, at least you send cards! Not us, although I suspect we'll start to have more reasons to next year!
Rach

Email: said...

I love it...I love all the pics. The girls look so cute. Our kiddos had those pjs also. I wish they still fit. I will be looking for your card!!!