Thursday, May 3, 2007

Pink Burrito

If any of us want any sleep around here, Mylie has to be swaddled. And even though she is 5 months, she still loves to have her arms secured next to her. David suggested that we take her out of the swaddle since she's getting to be a big girl, but our pediatrician in Houston assured me that Mylie will let us know when she doesn't want to be tightly wrapped up. I have tried to put her down for a nap unswaddled, but all that happens is she takes a quick 15-20 minute nap as she will wake herself up by rubbing her nose, eyes and knocks her pacifier out of her mouth. Hopefully I'm not doing any permanent damage. I guess we'll know damage is done if Mylie goes to college and has her roommate zip her up each night in a sleeping bag!

See how happy she looks? (I was also making a really goofy face to get her to smile.)


Sleeping Beauty

5 comments:

The Houston's said...

Sleep is a must! Do WHATEVER it takes!!!

Hollie Reese said...

Hey, I found your blog off of Heidi's. I hope your move went well! Please call if there is anything you ever need...we are not too far away!

Hollie

Julie said...

Hey. Hope things are going well with Mylie and Dallas. FYI: Megan stayed swaddled for 4 months or so, once she started rolling I began to wean her from the swaddle. I started with just one arm out, then to both arms out, then took her out of it. She did pretty well. I tried to cold turkey at naps too, and she didn't like that! Take care.

dw hicks said...

Julie - that sounds like a great plan...I think I'll try that. Isn't it nuts how stuff like this becomes dinner conversation with your spouse???

Anonymous said...

Whit, she gets cuter every day. I can't wait to see her and pinch those cheeks!