Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wimberley 2

David planned a great weekend back to Wimberley for my (gasp) 30th birthday. We have always said after our first trip to Wimberley/the cabin in November that we would love to go back without the girls. David planned ahead and asked his parents to come in town for the weekend and watch the girls so we could have our first weekend away alone since November 2006. We had so much fun. I told David if he really wanted to make this weekend "all about me" that he should plan the fun around meals. Going out to eat is probably one of my favorite things to do. And go out to eat...we did!

I was also excited to have the "free" feeling of being able to sleep in without an alarm or hearing "momma...momma!" I thought for sure we would be able to sleep in until 10:00, however, both mornings we were up at 8:30. No big deal because this just meant we were able to enjoy our coffee out on the front porch and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Thank you, David, for taking the time to plan such a fun, relaxing, weight-gaining, memorable trip. My 30th year is off to a great start.


Here I am. 30 years old. Can you see the wrinkles on my forehead or the crows feet around my eyes? No? Then you must be distracted by the gray hairs.


We love BBQ. We were spoiled by going to college in Abilene where, we feel, is the best BBQ around. However, David took me to a really cool restaurant in Austin, Iron Works, and I have to say that my meal was SO good that I HAD to take a picture of it.


This is the first of many pictures we took of ourselves this weekend. After taking many, many pictures of the girls, we felt we owed it to ourselves to be the ones being photographed.


David and the owner of the cabin have become old friends. David asked her to pick up some things from town to have at the cabin for me. I was greeted by flowers and a balloon, birthday cake and my favorite over 21 adult beverage.


Here we are waiting on our table at The Gristmill in Gruene. Like I said, we took a lot of pictures of ourselves.






We are in front of Gruene Hall. I'm a party pooper and didn't care to stay and hear the live music. Maybe next trip.


We spent part of the next day in town at Wimberley. We had lunch along the river, listening to a quirky band. That was my word to describe Wimberley...quirky. But also very quaint and charming.







We're just about to head home. We were really excited to get back and see the girls. Once we got home, it took a little while for them to warm up to us, but the longer we were home, the more excited they were to have us back. Thanks to Ralph and Carole for coming out. We know the girls loved having you both here.

David also turns 30 this year. It will be nice to have someone else who can understand what getting old feels like!

5 comments:

The Houston's said...

I am so glad you had a great trip!!! You deserve it!

Adeline Mae said...

you look great whitney, not old at all! i'm so happy you guys were able to have an alone trip, so fun! maybe your next trip can be to LA!!!

Email: said...

I love all the pictures of yall together. We do not have a whole lot of those either. You are simply beautiful darling...you like you did when we first met in the 5th grade!!

Mrs. Mays said...

You guys look great and not a day over 25! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time together and that your birthday was a special one. Good job David =)

Whiteaker Family said...

So glad you took a trip together. Ross and I have a word for trips like that...I'll share some other time. I love seeing pictures of you guys too. I, like you, just take pics of the girls.
Love ya!