Sunday, August 10, 2008

6 years down...forever to go



Cheesy title, I know. David and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday. Both girls have nasty colds so we didn't have great plans for celebrating our big day. However, our day was filled with lots of wonderful delicacies from McDonald's (David), Taco Bueno (me) and a romantic dinner over Mr Jim's pizza and watching the Olympics. All of that aside, it was a fantastic day. We have wonderful, warm, loving, challenging, blessed memories from our 6 years as Mr & Mrs David Hicks.

8 comments:

The Houston's said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so special to us! I am thankful for your marriage! Love ya and SEE YOU SOON!!!!

Email: said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad that you got to enjoy some good Taco Bell on your special day. That would be my choice also!!! Love ya

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!
Ours was the 10 and altho we have many, many, years on you, (46) we didn't do anything special either.Went to church, ate out with the Young adults sunday school department and then watched the olympics all day also. We are going to Branson this week tho so I can't really say we are doing nothing.
Do enjoy keeping up with all my "little" kids that have grown up.
Love,
Miss Penny and Coach

Mrs. Mays said...

Congratulations, can't believe how fast it goes. You guys are so lucky to have each other and those two precious girls. Guy is of course jealous of your Taco Bueno.

Tiger and DeAndria said...

Congratulations on the anniversary! It's hard to believe how fast time flies, and I'm sure you have had more loving than challenging moments over the past 6 years.

The Thompsons said...

Congratulations!! I've heard that you guys are coming to TN for a visit..I think Malinda said she is hosting lunch for you guys and the Houstons..We'll see you there! by the way I LOVED, LOVED the blog about "a Raggamuffin"Too funny! The sad thing is...usually I look like one too! I always said when I became a stay at home mom I would get up and get dressed...ummm doesn't happen often! I hope that all is going well! Travel Safely!

Anonymous said...

my gosh! I can't believe I just did that... I'm sorry...Let me explain..This is Natalie Ivey..I must be signed in as my sister! I just built her a blog...Well I feel stupid...Feel free to delete this!

-Natalie

Sally said...

Congrats Hicks!! 6 yrs already! It took reading your blog for me to realize that ours is just days away - Wow! I love thinking back to that week of our weddings!