Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where did July go?

I can't believe it is already August. July flew by. Coley was 3 months on the 18th, Mylie was 20 months on the 28th and David was 29 (years, not months) on the 29th. We all went back to Albuquerque for David's 10 year high school reunion, saw some good friends and the girls and I spent a good week out there hanging out with our families and lots of friends. We had a camera issue, so I wasn't able to get pictures of time with our friends and family, but we did get some fun pictures of David's reunion. I'll post pictures and stories from his reunion soon. In the meantime, here are some pictures of what we've been doing lately.


We love our little Coley. She is too cute. She smiles all the time and can even work up a good little laugh.


Here she is all dressed up to go get an ultrasound on her kidneys. We had our follow up appointment with Dr G (kidney doc) at Cook Children's and the swelling in her kidneys has lessened over the past 3 months. He said everything looks great and all we need to do is have another ultrasound in 6 months.


Believe it or not, this is only the 2nd picture I have of the girls together. Mylie was in an especially good mood this afternoon and wanted to lay down next to Coley and play with her.


Tammy and her family came to town for a Rangers vs Yankees game and the girls and I were able to spend some time hanging out.


Our waitress (or something/someone) at lunch was incredibly SLOW so I was giving Mylie anything she wanted to occupy her. She was getting a little stir crazy so she had a lemon, slice of almost melted cheese from the kitchen (for an extra $.50, of course) and even a little bit of green crayon.


Dawson, Coley, Casady & Mylie


This picture was cracking us up! First of all, look at how DARK Mylie's legs are! I swear put sunscreen on this child whenever we go swimming! Second, she loves to wear flip flops. Camille outgrew these little flip flops so she gave them to Mylie. She was wearing them all around the house yesterday, but they would only stay on when she put them next to her 2nd toe.


And here is our sweet, little mess. Before I had kids, I would gasp at little raggamuffin children...well, mine is now the poster child for all raggamuffins. In case you are not sure why I'm calling her a raggamuffin, exactly, I'll explain:
1. Her shoes are on the 2nd toe AND on the wrong feet
2. I cannot get her to sit still when I do piggie-tails, so the part on the back of her head is NOT AT ALL down the center...nor is it straight on the top of her head.
3. Her white shorts have stains on the bottom from an unfortunate blueberry induced diaper explosion.
4. She has a little cold, so her face is constantly wet from running eyes, nose and a drooley mouth.
5. She's probably the only 20 month old girl that still has to wear a bib...maybe?
6. She has bits of chewed dried cranberries on her bib from her constant sneezing.
7. However, we were on our way to Wal-Mart, so she was dressed appropriately and in good company.
All this said...I LOVE little raggamuffins now and Mylie happens to be my favorite little mess ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that baby? Coley looks so different. I love your list...I too remember commenting on peoples dirty kids with runny noses. I'm so glad mine aren't like that, HA!

Mrs. Mays said...

i too am wondering where July went!! I can't believe how fast your girls are growing. Hope all is going well.

Felicia said...

Love the flip flop picture! I'm so glad they are getting some use out of them. We too have a ragamuffin around here at times...they are friends!

Tiger and DeAndria said...

Ragamuffin or not, Miley is too cute. Time really flies when you are having fun, so I guess that means life is good for you right about now. Enjoy it.