Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nashville, TN

We had such a great time visiting Heidi, Philip, Macy & Harper in Nashville last week! We had been so looking forward to our time with them hanging out, laughing, watching the girls play together and just catching up. Here are some of the things we did with them...


Once we got in Thursday morning, we went to eat some breakfast at The Loveless. The entire drive there, I was amazed at the beauty of Nashville. The rolling hills, green trees...so pretty!




Mylie & Harper

Thursday night, David & Philip went to the Bluebird Cafe. I know this was one of David's favorite parts of the trip. He had such a great time listening to the songwriters sing their songs. They also saw Billy Dean (remember...'90's country...I miss Billy the Kid???) in the audience and saw an actress in the Kevin Costner movie "The Guardian." Apparently she is also a singer/songwriter.

When we weren't out seeing the sights, we played outside. The weather was beautiful and Heidi & Philip have a wonderful yard. While Coley was napping, Heidi and I sat at their front window and watched the kids play with the dads.





Friday night, Heidi & I went to the Bluebird Cafe. I LOVED it. This was probably my favorite "outing."



We saw David Lee (he wrote Letters from Home sung by John Michael Montgomery), Ed Hill (It Matters to Me sung by Faith Hill, How about them Cowgirls sung by George Strait). We were amazed at how many songs we recognized that these first two guys wrote! We also saw Luke Laird (Seem so Small sung by Carrie Underwood) and an interesting fellow named Travis Meadows. He said that his songs haven't made it big yet, so he sang some new ones that were good, some risque, but most of all, he made us laugh by how much alcohol he was drinking.

I requested to go walk around The Opryland Hotel. It was really pretty and huge.




And here are Mylie and David after shaking apples from the apple tree. David and Philip can turn anything into a game, so they spent many of the afternoons/early evenings throwing apples at one of the swings on the swing set. I think they both won the game a few times.




We were able to visit Heidi & Philip's church, walk around historic Franklin, TN, visit Joe & Malinda and their family, see downtown on a Saturday night, eat lots of great food, root for the good old U-S of A while watching the Olympics and just hang out with our bestest friends. Thanks for being such wonderful tour guides, morning coffee makers, meal preparers, hosts and friends, Heidi, Philip, Macy & Harper!

We miss our weekend fun and frequent weeknight dinners with the Houston's that we had while living in Houston. But we are so happy for them and the life they have made for themselves in Nashville. We are so lucky to be able to go months without seeing them and be able to pick up right where we left off! Can't wait for our next visit!

2 comments:

The Houston's said...

What a great post. Oh, we miss you guys so much! I still can't believe ya'll came to visit. It was so much fun! Thank you for being such a special friend! Love ya!!!

Email: said...

You were right, it does look beautiful. I am glad yall had such a wonderful trip.