Friday, May 9, 2008

Week 3

We've had a good week! Coley is doing great and has not had anything strange occur, and appears to be a very healthy baby. The apnea monitors have not gone off once (not even a malfunction to report) and we couldn't be more happy. She is still sleeping a lot during the day, but she also has a lot of awake time too where she appears to be trying to focus on faces and is even trying to crack a smile or two and may be on the verge of cooing. However, we have noticed that this girl can cry...I mean loudly...probably the loudest crying baby on earth. It's almost ear drum shattering. But we quickly remind ourselves that crying means she is breathing so we encourage her to cry as much as she would like.

Mylie is adjusting to grandparents being gone (even though my brother is now in town) and being at home with just me and Coley during the day. She is still a very sweet girl, but there is a little bit of a stinker hiding in there too. We've only had one sibling injury where Mylie launched a wooden block right into the side of Coley's head while she was nursing. This prompted the ear drum shattering screaming, scaring me, Mylie and my dad. But Coley recovered and we have put the blocks away in the meantime.

All is well at our house and we're having fun with the girls. Here are some pictures from our week.


I think Mylie had just thrown her biscuit on the floor and thought she was extremely funny.


Mylie LOVES music and LOVES to dance. She'll listen to the same 2 songs over and over again. This is good for me because I get a chance to do my blogging and email.


Here's Mylie walking around the house in Uncle Ryan's house shoes.


Coley at 3 weeks old. I'm trying to take more pictures of Coley, but she's always swaddled and sleeping in her bouncy chair!

9 comments:

The Houston's said...

I am so glad ya'll are doing well!!! Coley is just a doll. It's amazing how she looks like Miley but she doesn't.

Felicia said...

I'm so glad everything is going well! We can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

Email: said...

I love the tu-tu!!! I am anxiously awaiting the time I will get to see her dance in person! Coley is precious. She looks so sweet in that picture.

Sally said...

I agree with the Houstons, I think she looks like Mylie! Such adorable pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Whitney! Thanks for your comment on our blog. We are just so glad that everything is okay. We know how hard it can be to have a tiny baby in the NICU! Sounds like you guys are doing well. I enjoy keeping up with yall even though we have all moved and moved on to other things! God bless you guys. Your girls are so precious.

Angela said...

Glad to hear Coley is doing well! With such an adorable face, I can imagine that Mylie might have stinker qualities. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to watch the interactions between a toddler and a newborn. A year from now you will be letting Mylie babysit Coley while you do your email....that's okay right? So glad you all are doing well, I plan to bring you dinner (something gourmet) really soon!

Tiger and DeAndria said...

Mylie's hair is so cute, and the yellow tutu is my favorite!!!!! I agree with Heidi, Coley looks so much like Mylie when she was a baby.

Anonymous said...

I don’t get on these things too often, but I stumbled upon yall’s blog after being on my wife Emily’s and searching around other peoples that she was linked to. I heard through the church grapevine that the newest baby Hicks wasn’t doing so hot in her first few days. Wanted to get a hold of you guys, but it’s been a long time and didn’t know how to. I am so glad to see that she and the rest of the Hicks family is doing well. You guys have been in our prayers recently and we hope Coley continues to get better. Tell Dave I said hello.

Matt Goff